The programme covers core modules ranging from practical, theoretical work and continuous assessment.
Faculty of Design & Built Environment
- To equip students with the essential professional, creative, intellectual and technical skills in order to work successfully within the profession of graphic design and related areas of employment;
- To introduce students to the practice of research and the analysis of information, the formation of sound independent judgements through reflection and evaluation and the presentation of well-reasoned arguments;
- To develop students of distinctive personal visual skills and personal vision; encouraged through exciting and challenging practical and theoretical projects during the course of the programme;
- To encourage students to take their place in the world as an individual, fully aware of the roles and responsibilities of professional design practice and the ability to contextualise design within global, social and cultural frameworks;
- To prepare students to start the habit of life-long learning;
Foundation in Art & Design or UEC (art & design stream) or equivalent qualifications or STPM / A-Levels / Diploma in relevant studies with appropriate art portfolio will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
August (Year 1), September (Year 2 & 3)
March (4 weeks), June (3rd week), December (first 3 weeks)
The programme covers core modules ranging from practical, theoretical work and continuous assessment. Students will be able to demonstrate responsibility for managing their learning by evaluating their own progress and making autonomous decisions. They will also be able to communicate verbal and visual ideas effectively and professionally in a manner appropriate to the set brief.