Understand the role of design and the designer within a professional context.
Faculty of Design & Built Environment
The programme renowned for developing creative and knowledgeable graduates; armed with skills and ability to embark on careers as professional interior architects.
Foundation in Art & Design or UEC (art & design stream) or equivalent qualifications or STPM / A-Levels / Diploma in relevant studies with appropriate art portfolio will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
August (Year 1), September (Year 2 & 3)
March (4 weeks), June (3rd week), December (first 3 weeks)
- Understand the role of design and the designer within a professional context.
- Have a theoretical and critical perspective of design within its cultural, social, political and economic context.
- Are able to align the design and development of interior spaces with the architectural context and building envelope.
- Understand structural, technical and material considerations at an appropriate level.
- Design interior spaces in a rational, sensitive and articulate manner that contributes to the creation of a physical framework for a fair, equitable and sustainable society.