This programme focuses on the way businesses work across the world and gives those considering a career in a multinational or internationally active business a solid foundation.
University of Derby 3+0 Programmes
Students require one (1) of the following:
• STPM - 2 Principals
• A-Levels - 2 Principals
• UEC - 5 Bs
• HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science - Pass with minimum CGPA 2.5
• HELP Diploma in Business* / Diploma in Information Technology* - Pass with minimum CGPA 2.5
• CPU - Average of 70% in 6 subjects
• SAM - TER 70%
• TEE – University aggregate 50%
• International Baccalaureate - Minimum score of 24 points
• Victorian Certificate of Education - Minimum average of 50%
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma - Minimum average of 60% in 2 Subjects
• Equivalent Foundation / Matriculation Programme accredited by Malaysian government - Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.5
• Equivalent Diploma* / Advance Diploma* / Degree* programmes accredited by Malaysian government – Pass with a minimum CGPA 2.5. (Exemptions are possible if academic transcripts and course syllabus are submitted for assessment together with application)
• Malaysian Skill Diploma (DKM) Level 4, approved by Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran / Jabatan Tenaga Malaysia (JPK/ JTM) - Pass
• Assessment of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)* / open entry qualifications as recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (candidate should be of age 21 on 1st day of the year of application)
* To be assessed by DOMS. Qualifications are to be submitted for assessment together with application on a case-to-case basis.
Additional entry requirement:
• 3 SPM/O-Level credits (include Maths & Eng)
Note: Students entering with UEC qualifications are not included in this requirement. And a pass in Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah at SPM is required for Malaysians students only.
Applicants require one of the following:
• C6 in SPM English
• Credit in O-Level English
• B6 in UEC English
• TOEFL score of 550
• IELTS score of 6.0
• HELP English Level 6
Note: International students holding equivalent academic qualifications but without IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550 or credit in O-Level English, are required to sit for the HELP English Placement Test (Certificate of Attendance – Intensive English Programme) and achieve a pass at Level 6.
Note: Student must fulfill MUET requirement by obtaining at least Band 2. (Applicable for local student only)
January, March 17 & 18, 24 & 25, August, December
For more information on our Open Days, please contact us at 03-2716 2000 or visit us at www.help.edu.my
The BA (Hons) Business (International Business) programme focuses on the way businesses work across the world and gives those considering a career in a multinational or internationally active business a solid foundation. You will examine every aspects of international business from the factors that drive firms to become international, to the challenges of managing people and supply chains across the world. Student will also learn how to critically explain and comment on the techniques used in multidisciplinary business and become adept at applying tools to solve business problems.