This programme develops the knowledge needed to succeed in civil engineering, incorporating the necessary analytical, industrial, laboratory and fieldwork skills.
Faculty of Built Environment
Graduates from this programme may venture into careers such as Project Supervisor, Project Executive, Technical Officer, Technical Specialist, Technical Assistant, Draughtsman, Field Engineer, Construction Sales Executive, Assistant Engineer, etc.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level / Equivalent: Pass with minimum 3 credits / grade-C including Mathematics and 1 relevant science / technical / vocational subject and pass in English; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in any 3 subjects including Mathematics and 1 relevant science /technical/vocational subject and pass in English in SPM; or
- Community College Certificate: Pass with Level 3 MQF in relevant field with minimum Grade C and credit in Mathematics in SPM; or
- STPM / A-Level: Pass with minimum Grade-C in any 1 subject with credit in Mathematics in SPM/equivalent; or
- STAM: Pass with Maqbul Grade with credit in Mathematics in SPM; or
- A recognised certificate in Engineering/ Engineering Technology or its equivalent; or
- A recognised vocational and technology/skills certificate or its equivalent with 1 year of relevant work experience or a minimum of 1 semester of a bridging programme.
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
*(Candidates without a credit in Mathematics in SPM/equivalent may be considered for admission into this programme if the certificate programme contains subjects that are equivalent to SPM Mathematics)
International students must pass
- IELTS minimum Band 5.0; or
- TOEFL with a score of 500
- MUET Band 3
This programme develops the knowledge needed to succeed in civil engineering, incorporating the necessary analytical, industrial, laboratory and Fieldwork skills. It offers good employment prospects in and out of Malaysia. Graduates may either choose to further their studies at degree level or seek employment as engineering supervisors working for contractors, architects or local authorities, or in the fields of construction, property management or consultancy.