The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises on innovation and creativity in Fashion Design, while providing students with the technical aspects of the necessary skills.
Linton’s Academy of Applied and Visual Arts
The Diploma in Fashion Design programme is hands-on, and students are expected to make their own collection of apparels. This includes all designs worn to create a personal statement of the individual. It incorporates all production activities such as the manipulation and experimentation of textiles and trims to generate ideas that will then be translated into three-dimensional form through pattern drafting and/or draping and sewing.
- SPM / SPMV / O-Level / Equivalent:Pass with minimum 3 credits / Grade C in any subject and pass in Art Education; or
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects; or
- Pass certificate in related field with a minimum CGPA 2.0; or
- SKM: Pass in Level 3 in Art and Design and pass SPM / equivalent with a minimum of 1 credit in any subject; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Pass in an internal interview or/and drawing test
(for students who have not taken Visual Arts Education)
International students must pass:
- IELTS Band 4; or
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 397; or
- Cambridge/Edexcel GCE A-Levels; or
- MUET minimum band 2
The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises on innovation and creativity in Fashion Design, while providing students with the technical aspects of the necessary skills for a successful career in the fashion industry. The three-year programme ensures that students have a firm foundation in research, design methodology and practical skills in drawing, communications and fashion designing. Students are introduced to the skills of construction in sewing, flat pattern drafting and illustration.