The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises on innovation and creativity in Fashion Design, while providing students with the technical aspects of the necessary skills.
Lintons Academy of Applied and Visual Arts
The Diploma in Fashion Design programme is hands-on, and students are expected to make their own collection of apparels. This includes all designs worn to create a personal statement of the individual. It incorporates all production activities such as the manipulation and experimentation of textiles and trims to generate ideas that will then be translated into three-dimensional form through pattern drafting and/or draping and sewing.
- SPM / SPMV / GCE O-Level or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum of 3 credits in any subjects; OR
- SPM or its equivalent: Pass with a minimum of 1 credit in Level 3 Malaysian Skill Certificate (SKM) in Art and Design and Graphic Design; OR
- UEC: Pass with minimum Grade B in 3 subjects; OR
- Certificate with Level 3 MQF: Pass with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Students must pass:
- IELTS with a minimum band of 5.0; OR
- TOEFL with a minimum score of 500; OR
- Pass in English (O-Level or equivalent to SPM 1119)
Visit Linton University College's official website or follow Linton University College's official Facebook page for announcements.
The Diploma in Fashion Design emphasises on innovation and creativity in Fashion Design, while providing students with the technical aspects of the necessary skills for a successful career in the fashion industry. The three-year programme ensures that students have a firm foundation in research, design methodology and practical skills in drawing, communications and fashion designing. Students are introduced to the skills of construction in sewing, flat pattern drafting and illustration.