About Sunway Le Cordon Bleu
With a network of more than 35 schools in 20 countries, Le Cordon Bleu is the world’s leading network of Culinary Arts and Hotel Management institutes. The role of Le Cordon Bleu is to teach a whole range of technical and University training programs for working in the restaurant, hotel and tourism industry.
Founded in 1895, Le Cordon Bleu Institute has been teaching the techniques and expertise inherited from the great names of French cuisine for 120 years. Every year, the network of Le Cordon Bleu Institutes trains 20 000 students of 100 nationalities in cuisine, pastry, bread-making, wine, and hotel management.
Le Cordon Bleu’s teaching method is based on demonstrations and practical classes. It is a method which enables expertise to be taught to students in a faster and more empirical fashion. Le Cordon Bleu teaching method focuses on teaching fundamental techniques that can be applied in any type of cuisines and recipes giving students the skills set to progress in their career worldwide.
Lessons are taught by prestigious Chefs, the majority of whom have worked in Michelin starred restaurants or who have been awarded prestigious titles, such as “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” (Best Craftsman in France), or participated in high level competitions. Le Cordon Bleu academic team also includes university professors, international experts and renowned specialists from the tourism and hospitality industry.
Also, Le Cordon Bleu partners with high establishments and universities to provide the best teaching experience to the students in the fields of gastronomy and hospitality management.
Area of Study
- Grand Diplôme®: Recognised as a mark of excellence in the industry, the Grand Diplôme® combines classical French training in both Cuisine and Pâtisserie. Students will be taught essential culinary skills before applying their knowledge to high-quality produce.
- Diplôme de Cuisine: Le Cordon Bleu's highly acclaimed Cuisine Diploma offers the most comprehensive programme were Students will master basic to advanced culinary techniques and explore current trends and global cuisines.
- Diplôme de Pâtisserie: Students will discover the art of Pâtisserie with this respected culinary qualification. The Diploma will develop from basic to advanced levels of pastry and confectionary craft-making required to progress with many of the exciting career opportunities available today.
- Boulangerie: A unique range of courses aimed at teaching French, international and artisan bread techniques, whilst applying yeast production methods.
- Diploma in Culinary Management: The Diploma in Culinary Management has been designed to provide the knowledge and skills to succeed in a culinary career, whether one aspire to own a food business or achieve a managerial position within the restaurant industry. By the end of the course, you will be able to demonstrate your innovative ideas in the setting up and development of your own business profile.
No.5, Jalan Universiti, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603 5632 1188
Fax: +603 5631 1133