Graduates of this programme will be able to develop, manage and maintain high-quality software in a systematic, controlled and efficient manner.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics / Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Interactive Software Technology (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit in Additional Mathematics / O Level Grade C in Mathematics-Additional
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Graduates of this programme will be able to develop, manage and maintain high-quality software in a systematic, controlled and efficient manner. In addition to fundamentals of computing, students will develop their specialisation by going through some of the following courses: Systems Analysis and Design, Software Engineering, Software Requirements Engineering, Software Design and Architecture, Formal Methods for Software Engineering, Software Quality and Testing, Software Evolution and Maintenance and Software Project Management. Electives courses like Introduction to Computer Security, Advanced Database Management, Mobile Application Development, Web Application Development, Distributed Computer Systems, Data Science and Cloud Computing will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with industry through their 6 months industrial training and carry out real-life projects on software engineering. All such training will add value to their qualification andincrease their employment opportunities.