Graduates of this programme will be able to develop, manage and maintain high-quality software in a systematic, controlled and efficient manner.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM - Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
- SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject
- UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics/ Advanced Mathematics (I or II)
- TAR UC - Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science (Computer Science & Computer Mathematics) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ OR Diploma in Software Engineering (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ OR Diploma in Computer Science (Data Science) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
- Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2) and (3) must include SPM Credit in Additional Mathematics/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics-Additional
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA below 2.5000 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
May & October
Graduates of this programme will be able to develop, manage and maintain high-quality software in a systematic, controlled and efficient manner. In addition to fundamentals of computing, students will develop their specialisation by going through some of the following courses: Systems Analysis and Design, Software Engineering, Software Requirements Engineering, Software Design and Architecture, Formal Methods for Software Engineering, Software Quality and Testing, Software Evolution and Maintenance and Software Project Management. Electives courses like Introduction to Computer Security, Advanced Database Management, Mobile Application Development, Web Application Development, Distributed Computer Systems, Data Science and Cloud Computing will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with industry through their 6 months industrial training and carry out real-life projects on software engineering. All such training will add value to their qualification andincrease their employment opportunities.