This programme integrates theoretical and specialised practical knowledge to prepare students for a career in the fashion industry.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level with Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include English Language
- TARC/ TAR UC Foundation in Arts (Track A/B) OR relevant Diploma
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects
- Must include Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 1 or higher or replaced with IELTS Band Score 5.5/ TOEFL Score 550 (Paper-based)/ 213 (Computer-based)/ 79 (Internet-based).
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- MUET Band 1 / IELTS Band 5.5 / TOEFL Score 550
- Applicants must pass a specified portfolio test and interview to be conducted by TAR UC
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme integrates theoretical and specialised practical knowledge to prepare students for a career in the fashion industry. Professionals seeking to upgrade skills in apparel construction, patternmaking, draping, tailoring and other fashion design related areas can also pursue this programme for career enhancement. The curriculum blends creative and intellectual approaches to visual-design innovations encompassing learning in both traditional and computer-generated designs. This stimulates students to develop their own sense of design and style and enable graduates to excel in the competitive local and international fashion industry. The full-time three years programme is designed with a focus on acquiring the technical and professional skills required by the fashion industry. At the same time, it hones students personal fashion signature and prepares them for entry-level employment namely costume designer, assistant fashion buyer, fashion designer, or seamstress. Whether you want to make your mark as a designer, fashion stylist, or the force behind driving demand for the latest designs, this programme ensures that you will be all prepared for a thriving and creative industry.