The programme nurtures your design capabilities across a range of creative industry-relevant practices, from commercial, education, to environment, cultural, and communities.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level with Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include English Language
- TARC/ TAR UC Foundation in Arts (Track A/B) OR relevant Diploma
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- MUET Band 1 / IELTS Band 5.5 / TOEFL Score 550
- Must include Malaysian University English Test (MUET) Band 1 or higher or replaced with IELTS Band Score 5.5/ TOEFL Score 550 (Paper-based)/ 213 (Computer-based)/ 79 (Internet-based).
- Applicants must pass a specified portfolio test and interview to be conducted by TAR UC
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
The Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Graphic Design programme nurtures your design capabilities across a range of creative industry-relevant practices, from commercial, education, to environment, cultural, and communities. The programme focuses on graphical aspects of print, illustration and interactive design which contributes to the problem-solving challenges in any area of visual communication. Throughout the programme, you will develop skills in design management, creative portfolio and design research.You will be managing a range of group and individual projects, in which you will demonstrate effective organisation and production of your work. Courses offered focuses on moving you from a broad-based learning experience to your own design research investigations, where you will focus on your specialism in preparation for your final year graduation showcase project. The programme also encompasses a semester of industrial training as you will be attached to established industry networks, helping you to gain insights and skills you need as an industry-ready graduate. During your internship, you will further develop and enhance your portfolio needs, preparing for a better future career prospect.