The communications engineering programme aims to develop engineers who will work at the cutting edge of the communications industry.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- STPM with a Full Pass in Physics and one Mathematics subject
- A Level with Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- UEC with minimum 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one Mathematics subject, and minimum Grade B in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR relevant Diploma
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in English Language
- MUET Band 4 / IELTS Band 6.0 / TOEFL Score 550 / equivalent
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Electronic communication is a rapidly developing field as a result of modern time's reliance on the Internet, mobile phones, broadband, and wireless network. The communications engineering programme aims to develop engineers who will work at the cutting edge of the communications industry with emphasis on technologies for mobile and broadband communication. The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electronic (Communication) programme develops engineers who design, implement, and manage transmission systems for a wide range of telecommunications application such as networking security, signal processing, high frequency circuits, mobile communication, web technologies, wireless and satellite communication systems.