Graduates of this programme are equipped with the knowledge on manufacturing & management which are essential for their future employment.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- STPM with a Full Pass in Physics / Chemistry and one Mathematics subject
- A Level with Pass in Physics / Chemistry and Mathematics
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR relevant Diploma
- UEC with minimum 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics / Chemistry and one Mathematics subject, and minimum Grade B in English Language
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in English Language
- MUET Band 4 / IELTS Band 6.0 / TOEFL Score 550 / equivalent
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
An in-depth understanding on the nature of materials will make you a better engineer and designer because materials are considered as the heart of all branches of engineering. Nearly everything we use is made of materials and essentially every technology depends on breakthroughs in materials science and engineering, for instance, the development of semiconducting polymers is one of the contributing factors that has led to the production of light emitting diodes (LEDs). Any engineer can search for materials properties from a database or book, but ability to innovate and to incorporate materials safely in design required in-depth understanding on the materials structures, properties and processing techniques. This programme is specially designed to meet the vast demand of industries. Graduates are also equipped with the knowledge on manufacturing & management which are essential for their future employment.