Graduates will be able to analyse their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to ensure the product functions safely, efficiently and reliably.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- STPM with a Full Pass in Physics and one Mathematics subject
- A Level with Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- UEC with minimum 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one Mathematics subject, and minimum Grade B in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR relevant Diploma
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in English Language
- MUET Band 4 / IELTS Band 6.0 / TOEFL Score 550 / equivalent
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Mechanical engineers design and develop everything you think of as a machine from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. Many of them specialise in areas such as manufacturing, robotics, automotive/ transportation and air conditioning. Graduates will be able to analyse their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to insure the product functions safely, efficiently, reliably and can be manufactured at a competitive cost.