Graduates of this programme are involved in almost every possible industry at levels from applications development to manufacturing to advanced research.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- STPM with a Full Pass in Physics and one Mathematics subject
- A Level with Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- UEC with minimum 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects which must include Physics and one Mathematics subject, and minimum Grade B in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR relevant Diploma
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in English Language
- MUET Band 4 / IELTS Band 6.0 / TOEFL Score 550 / equivalent
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Mechatronics combines mechanical, electronics and software engineering in the design, development and control of diverse systems used in a range of industries including manufacturing, medicine and the service industries. Examples of mechatronics systems include aircraft, dishwashers, motor vehicles, automated manufacturing plants, robots of all types, and many others. Graduates are therefore involved in almost every possible industry at levels from applications development to manufacturing to advanced research.