This programme is designed to equip students with the ability to solve practical problems in the implementation of enterprise information systems in large organisations.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics / Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Science (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)/ Diploma in Computer Science & Statistics/ Diploma in Business Information Systems
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Information systems are the heart of many organisations that support their daily business processes and in turn promote business growth. As the size and demand of information systems has grown tremendously, many of the business functions like sales & marketing, finance & accounting, manufacturing & processes, human resources, supply chain management, customer relationship management, knowledge management and many other business functions are integrated into enterprise information systems to further improve organisational performance. This programme is designed to equip students with the ability to solve practical problems in the implementation of enterprise information systems in large organisations. In addition to fundamentals of computing, the specialisation subject area covers Business and Information Systems, Systems Analysis and Design, Enterprise Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning, Data Warehouse Technology, Business Intelligence, Business Process Management, Information Systems Implementation and Principles of Accounting.
Electives courses like Introduction to Computer Security, Visual Programming, Software Project Management, Decision Support Systems, Advanced Database Management, Electronic Commerce, Database Administration and IS Strategy and Management will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects on software development, implementation of enterprise information systems and dataanalysis. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.