This programme is designed to equip students with technical abilities and knowledge of the information security in the areas of Computer Security, Internet Security, Information Assurance and...
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics / Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme is designed to equip students with technical abilities and knowledge of the information security in the areas of Computer Security, Internet Security, Information Assurance and Security, Network Security, Operating Systems Security and Software Security. In addition, students have the opportunity to learn about computer networking and software development. Students will learn and be trained on how to detect, prevent and defend organisations' systems from unauthorised access. Effective back up and recovery are important skills in this programme. Students are exposed to various security software.
Electives courses like Digital Forensics, Mobile Computing, Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing, Security Assessment and Risk Management, Network Forensics, Systems Administration and Cloud Computing will be offered to students undergoing this programme.
Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects in information security. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.