This programme produces graduates who have the in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the web development, mobile development, web-based multimedia...
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
Entry Requirements *
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics / Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
The growth and development of the Internet is rapid and innovative. This phenomenon has enabled many companies to use web-based systems to operate their business processes in more efficient, effective and innovative ways. Use of the internet has also lead companies to be competitive. This programme produces graduates who have the in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the web development, mobile development, web-based multimedia development and computer networking sectors. Graduates will also be equipped with knowledge and skills in Enterprise Web Applications, Web Engineering, Web Services and Internet Security. Elective courses like Electronic Commerce, Emerging Web Technologies, Mobile Computing, Advanced Mobile Computing, Advanced Database Management, Network Security, Cloud Computing and Human Computer Interaction will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects on web development and computer networking. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.