This programme is to produce and equip graduates with in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the software systems development and computer networking sectors...
Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- STPM - Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects
- SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject
- UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics/ Advanced Mathematics (I or II)
- TAR UC - Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science (Computer Science & Management Mathematics) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ OR Diploma in Science (Information Systems Engineering) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ OR Diploma in Information Technology (ICT Systems Support) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ OR Diploma in Information Technology (Mobile Application Development) (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^
- Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)^ accredited by MQA
(1), (2) and (3) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
^ Graduates with CGPA below 2.5000 are required to sit and pass a Qualifying Test.
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
March, May & October
This programme is to produce and equip graduates with in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the software systems development and computer networking sectors. In addition to fundamentals of computing, topics of specialisation covered are Systems Analysis and Design, Visual Programming, Web Application Development, Software Engineering, Agile Software Development, Software Project Management, Human Computer Interaction and Computer Networking. Students graduating from this programme will be capable of developing software systems in various platforms to fulfill the needs and requirements from organisations using appropriate software engineering methodologies and software project management techniques. In addition, students will also be able to design, configure, set up and maintain computer networks in organisations.
Electives courses like Introduction to Computer Security, Integrative Programming, Digital Multimedia, Principles of Accounting, Network Security, Cloud Computing, Systems Administration, Mobile Application Development, Advanced Database Management and Software Quality Assurance and Testing will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects in software systems development, network communications or database management. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.