This programme is to produce and equip graduates with in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the software systems development and computer networking sectors...
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in 2 relevant subjects which must include Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics / Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Science (with minimum CGPA 2.5000)/ Diploma in Computer Science & Management Mathematics/ Diploma in Information Systems Engineering
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme is to produce and equip graduates with in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the software systems development and computer networking sectors. In addition to fundamentals of computing, topics of specialisation covered are Systems Analysis and Design, Visual Programming, Web Application Development, Software Engineering, Agile Software Development, Software Project Management, Human Computer Interaction and Computer Networking. Students graduating from this programme will be capable of developing software systems in various platforms to fulfill the needs and requirements from organisations using appropriate software engineering methodologies and software project management techniques. In addition, students will also be able to design, configure, set up and maintain computer networks in organisations.
Electives courses like Introduction to Computer Security, Integrative Programming, Digital Multimedia, Principles of Accounting, Network Security, Cloud Computing, Systems Administration, Mobile Application Development, Advanced Database Management and Software Quality Assurance and Testing will be offered to students undergoing this programme. Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects in software systems development, network communications or database management. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.