This programme develops students' industry and experiential expertise in formulating media strategies, managing and running PR campaigns, producing PR write-ups & promotional material.
Faculty of Communication and Creative Industries
- STPM - Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level - Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
- UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects AND SPM Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- TAR UC - Foundation in Arts (Track B) OR Relevant Diploma
- Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C/ UEC Grade B in English Language
Public relations professionals are sources and producers of information for organisations and businesses. They are the information providers sought by the media, client organisations and also the public that they represent. This programme develops students' industry and experiential expertise in formulating media strategies, managing and running PR campaigns, producing PR write-ups and promotional material. To produce capable PR practitioners, media liaisons and strategic managers, it entails courses in corporate communication, crisis management, integrated marketing communication, advertising, social media, public opinion, and media ethics. Students' experiential skills are enhanced via case studies, campaigns management and internship.