This programme develops students' industry and experiential expertise in formulating media strategies, managing and running PR campaigns, producing PR write-ups & promotional material.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level with Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects, minimum Grade B in English Language AND SPM Pass in Bahasa Malaysia
- TARC/ TAR UC Foundation in Arts (Track A/B) OR relevant Diploma
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in English Language
SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Public relations professionals are sources and producers of information for organisations and businesses. They are the information providers sought by the media, client organisations and also the public that they represent. This programme develops students' industry and experiential expertise in formulating media strategies, managing and running PR campaigns, producing PR write-ups and promotional material. To produce capable PR practitioners, media liaisons and strategic managers, it entails courses in corporate communication, crisis management, integrated marketing communication, advertising, social media, public opinion, and media ethics. Students' experiential skills are enhanced via case studies, campaigns management and internship.