This programme provides students with a thorough background in analytical chemistry with a strong emphasis on instrumentation and the development of variety of important analytical skills.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with Full Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics
- A Level with Pass in Chemistry and Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in Chemistry and one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in Chemistry and one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Science (Chemistry & Biology)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Analytical chemistry is the study of the separation, identification and quantification of the chemical components of natural and artificial materials. Qualitative analysis gives an indication of the identity of the chemical species in the sample and quantitative analysis determines the amount of one or more of these components. Analytical chemistry focuses on improvements in experimental design, chemometrics and the creation of new measurement tools to provide better chemical information. Analytical chemistry is applied in forensics, environmental analysis, materials analysis, drugs analysis, food analysis, bioanalysis, and clinical analysis. As a scientific field of great diversity in its application, students trained in this programme will be in great demand in the chemical related industries. This programme provides students with a thorough background in analytical chemistry with a strong emphasis on instrumentation and the development of variety of important analytical skills. This programme focuses on giving hands-on experience to students on some of the major analytical techniques for analysing samples from a wide range of sources and equips graduates with a broad solid foundation in Chemistry. It is also designed to meet industries’ need for capable, dynamic and innovative graduates with well-developed technical skills and a sound theoretical knowledge in analytical chemistry. This programme is endorsed by Institut Kimia Malaysia (IKM). Graduates of this programme can join IKM as a member and can be recognised as a ‘Registered Chemist’ in Malaysia.