This programme equips students with the knowledge in physics and instrumentations, and operational technical skill, which would lay the foundation for applications in various industrial areas. ...
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with Full Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- A Level with Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Physics, Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science (Microelectronics & Physics)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme equips students with the knowledge in physics and instrumentations, and operational technical skill, which would lay the foundation for applications in various industrial areas. Students will go through training in the applications of physics and instrumentations, computer simulations, designing virtual instruments using Labview and handling advanced equipment such as thermal evaporator and atomic force microscope. This programme would lay the foundation for future applied physics innovators in material sciences, instrumentations, biomedical and healthcare equipment designers. Academically, this programme has adequate coverage in its core physics contents, and graduates are well prepared to continue their post-graduate studies in physics, locally or overseas. Additionally, they can also pursue post-graduate studies in cross-disciplinary fields such as nanoscience, biophysics, chemical physics, medical physics, and geophysics.