In this programme, students are able to develop the transferable qualities and skills required for employment or research in the biosciences sector.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with Full Pass in Biology and Chemistry
- A Level with Pass in Biology and Chemistry
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in Biology and Chemistry
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Biology, Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track B) OR Diploma in Science (Chemistry and Biology)
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme equips students with an in-depth understanding of the core principles and methodologies underlying current biotechnological research, thus, able to pursue careers in bioscience and biotechnology either in industry or academic research. In this programme, students are able to develop the transferable qualities and skills required for employment or research in the biosciences sector. Bioscience students are not only trained in laboratory and research skills but also in relevant business and entrepreneurial skills. Students will have an opportunity to work with industry through their internship and to carry out a real-life research project in bioscience area. All such training will add value to their qualification and benefit their employment. This programme is endorsed by Institut Kimia Malaysia (IKM). Graduates of this programme can join IKM as a member and can be recognised as a ‘Registered Chemist’ in Malaysia.