This programme applies the pure science subjects to the study of the nature, properties and composition of foods.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Chemistry
- A Level with Passes in 2 relevant subjects which must include Chemistry
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in Chemistry
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in Chemistry
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Diploma in Food Science
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme applies the pure science subjects, such as chemistry, biochemistry, nutrition, biology and microbiology to the study of the nature, properties and composition of foods. It also covers the changes which they undergo during storage and processing including transformation into safe and quality food products for consumers. Graduates will be given exposures to areas in functional foods leading to healthy and vibrant lifestyle. In addition, this programme prepares graduates with advanced laboratory skills and current techniques in food science including those related to safety practices and standards, leading to the professionalism in the area of food science. Graduates of this programme, therefore, will have developed a range of skills which will enable them to occupy production and managerial positions in food and food-related industries, consulting laboratories, government organisations and regulatory bodies. This programme also aims to prepare technically competent graduates to venture into entrepreneurship and new product developments in food industry.