This programme educates and trains knowledgeable personnel to join the nation's work force with the direct focus to make Malaysia an innovative high income society.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with Full Pass in Physics and Mathematics
- A Level with minimum Grade C in Physics and Mathematics
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in Physics and one Mathematics subject
- CPU 70% average in 6 relevant subjects which must include minimum 70% in Physics and one Mathematics subject
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science OR Diploma in Microelectronics with Computer Communications OR Diploma in Microelectronics with Automatic Control OR Diploma in Microelectronics & Physics
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in English Language
SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme educates and trains knowledgeable personnel to join the nation's work force with the direct focus to make Malaysia an innovative high income society. Students will be trained for careers in semiconductors, IC design, embedded systems and computing which are important knowledge/ skills to support the electrical & electronics sectors. The curriculum of this programme has been designed to meet the demands of the Malaysian Economic Transformation Programme (ETP). Students are trained in analogue and digital electronics, application specific IC (ASIC), field programmable array (FPGA) and IC design using current professional tools. These knowledge and skills will be important to meet the demand of fabless design firms under the ETP. To complement the microelectronics content of the programme, students are also trained in embedded systems design using current microcontrollers (ARM/PIC) as well as real time operating systems (RTOS) with emphasis on efficient programming techniques. Graduates will be sought after by design houses/companies in IC design and fabrication, automation, robotics, identification and monitoring, test and measurement, and consumer electronics.