This programme educates and trains knowledgeable personnel to join the nation's work force with the direct focus to make Malaysia an innovative high income society.
Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
- STPM - Full Pass in Mathematics and Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology
- A Level - Grade C in Mathematics and Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology
- SAM - ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in one mathematics subject and Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology
- UEC - Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology
- TAR UC - Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science (Microelectronics with Computer Communications)
- Other IHL - Relevant Foundation/ Diploma accredited by MQA
(1), (2) and (3) must include SPM Credit/ O Level Grade C in Mathematics
(1), (2), (3) and (4) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language*
*Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC level.
March & May
This programme educates and trains knowledgeable personnel to join the nation's work force with the direct focus to make Malaysia an innovative high income society. Students will be trained for careers in semiconductors, IC design, embedded systems and computing which are important knowledge/ skills to support the electrical & electronics sectors. The curriculum of this programme has been designed to meet the demands of the Malaysian Economic Transformation Programme (ETP). Students are trained in analogue and digital electronics, application specific IC (ASIC), field programmable array (FPGA) and IC design using current professional tools. These knowledge and skills will be important to meet the demand of fabless design firms under the ETP. To complement the microelectronics content of the programme, students are also trained in embedded systems design using current microcontrollers (ARM/PIC) as well as real time operating systems (RTOS) with emphasis on efficient programming techniques. Graduates will be sought after by design houses/companies in IC design and fabrication, automation, robotics, identification and monitoring, test and measurement, and consumer electronics.