This programme provides the students an opportunity to work with industry through their internship and to carry out a real-life research project on sports and exercise science.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- STPM with a Full Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- A Level with Passes in 2 relevant subjects
- SAM ATAR 70 and minimum Grade B in 2 relevant subjects
- CPU minimum 70% average in 6 relevant subjects
- UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 relevant subjects which must include a science related subject, minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC Foundation in Science (Track A/B) OR Foundation in Arts (Track A) OR Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science
- Other equivalent qualifications accredited by MQA
- SPM Credit / O Level Grade C in Mathematics
- SPM Pass / O Level Grade E in a science related subject and English Language
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
The skills gained from a degree in sports and exercise science could certainly fire the starting gun for an interesting and rewarding career. Students equipped with a good knowledge of the sports and exercise science enable them to look at the science behind health and fitness, as well as an insight into related areas such as nutrition, psychology and management. Demand is growing for sports scientists and performance consultants, as society in general develops a greater awareness of health and fitness issues around work.
This programme provides the students an opportunity to work with industry through their internship and to carry out a real-life research project on sports and exercise science. All such training will add value to their qualification and later to their employment opportunities.