This programme is intended to open up opportunities to students who are inclined to science and technology to meet the manpower requirement for growing baking and cake industry.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- SPM with minimum 3 Credits in the relevant subjects and minimum Pass in English Language
- O Level with minimum 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC relevant certificate
- Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language (1119 Level) conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English at SPM/O Level/UEC level
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
This programme is intended to open up opportunities to students who are inclined to science and technology to meet the manpower requirement for growing baking and cake industry. In addition, the growing demand for healthy baked goods such as naturally healthy and high fibre breads, plays a role in generating lucrative income and employment for Malaysia. This programme prepares students to be semi-professional baker or pastry chef in baking industry. Students have an opportunity to practice and enhance their bread and cake baking skills in our well-developed physical infrastructure and provision of facilities. Further to this, the programme is also designed to nature professional bakers for industry with strong physical stamina, the ability to work under pressure and strong communication skills