This programme prepares students to develop artistic flair and provides the opportunity to practice their cooking skills in our well-equipped kitchen.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- SPM with minimum 3 Credits in the relevant subjects and minimum Pass in English Language
- O Level with minimum 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC relevant certificate
- Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language (1119 Level) conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English at SPM/O Level/UEC level
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
The culinary sector continues to play an important role in generating income and employment for Malaysia. As the government continues to support in upgrading various infrastructure facilities to attract more tourists to Malaysia, the industry needs to focus on providing leading edge culinary facilities to complement local organisations in Malaysia, as well as foreign tourists and world-class companies. This programme prepares students to develop artistic flair and provides the opportunity to practice their cooking skills in our well-equipped kitchen. It is designed to equip students with personal and professional skills crucial to succeed in the hospitality industry. Further to this, the programme also emphasizes on teamwork which is essential in order to work in a successful kitchen environment.