This programme fosters your creativity to develop a personal signature style and specialised practical knowledge for the world of fashion.
Faculty of Social Science, Arts and Humanities
- SPM with minimum 3 Credits in the relevant subjects and minimum Pass in English Language
- O Level with minimum 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC relevant certificate
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- Applicants must pass a specified portfolio test and interview to be conducted by TAR UC
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme fosters your creativity to develop a personal signature style and specialised practical knowledge for the world of fashion. It nurtures students to play a key role as an authentic designer for entry-level positions in the fashion design industry. Students will learn to research, analyse, experiment, discover and innovate with a solid training in crafts such as pattern design, embroidery, printing and draping. This programme enables graduating fashion designers to be competitive within the local and international fashion industry by combining creative and intellectual approaches to visual-design innovations with strong theoretical and practical elements. At the end of the programme, you would have gained the knowledge and ability to start your own business, be ready to enter the workplace and embark on a brilliant professional career as a successful Fashion Designer or other positions in the fashion industry. Students will have the opportunity to learn to think critically about design. Students can also move on to the development of collections, with opportunities to present their work in fashion shows and competitions.