This programme provides students with the scientific knowledge & skills of the food chain & forms a link for those who wish to embark on a career in food and nutrition industries.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- SPM with minimum 5 Credits in the relevant subjects, minimum Credit in Mathematics and Chemistry, and minimum Pass in English Language
- O Level with minimum 5 Grade B in the relevant subjects, minimum Grade B in Mathematics and Chemistry, and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B AND 2 Grade C in the relevant subjects, minimum Grade B in Advanced Mathematics (I or II) and Chemistry, and minimum Grade C in English Language
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
Food Science programme integrates and applies knowledge within disciplines such as chemistry, microbiology, engineering and nutrition to preserve, process, package, and distribute food products and design new processes to improve the safety and quality of foods. Food scientists develop new foods, add value to raw food commodities and improve the quality and safety of existing food products. This programme provides students with the scientific knowledge and skills of the food chain and forms a link for those who wish to embark on a career in the dynamic food and nutrition industries. The programme covers basic principles in the basic sciences in relation to the study of food science as well as the application of basic science such as food chemistry, food microbiology, food technology and nutrition. The nutrition subjects provide knowledge and skills to understand diseases of dietary origin. This programme also offers hands-on practices and prepares graduates with fundamental laboratory skills and techniques in food science, including those related to safety practices and standards, leading to the professionalism in the area of food science. Students will also be taught the basics of business and marketing. The better understanding of entrepreneurial skills can help graduates to take up challenges in the competitive food business.