This programme provides students with a basic understanding of computing techniques and aims to develop the computing and information technology-based knowledge and skills.
Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing
- SPM with minimum 5 Credits in the relevant subjects, minimum Credit in Mathematics and minimum Pass in English Language
- O Level with minimum 5 Grade C in the relevant subjects, minimum Grade C in Mathematics and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects, minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject and minimum Grade C in English Language
- TAR/ TAR UC relevant certificate
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme provides students with a basic understanding of computing techniques and aims to develop the computing and information technology-based knowledge and skills required in modern industrial, commercial and service organisations. It will equip students with essential knowledge of the underlying principles of modern computing technology and enable students to appreciate how modern computers are applied to a range of real world problems. Students will learn C, Java, Assembly Language, Microsoft SQL Server, Adobe Flash, XHTML, CSS, Microsoft Expression Web and Java Script. Upon completion, graduates will have acquired knowledge and developed skills in the areas of computer programming, systems analysis, operating systems, computer networking, computer applications and object-oriented software development, as well as in generic business courses. The foundation in operating systems and fundamentals of computer networks would prepare students to go through the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Novell Certified Linux Professional (NCLP) training offered at the Bachelor Degree level.