This programme will provide an effective pathway for students to further their studies in Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours) which enables them to be registered as quantity surveyors.
Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- SPM with minimum 5 Credits in the relevant subjects and minimum Credit in Mathematics and either Bahasa Malaysia OR English Language, with minimum pass in the other subject
- O Level with minimum 5 Grade C in the relevant subjects, minimum Grade C in Mathematics and minimum Grade E in English Language
- UEC with minimum 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects and minimum Grade B in one Mathematics subject and either Malay Language OR English Language, with minimum Grade C in the other subject
- TAR/ TAR UC relevant certificate
- Other relevant Certificate accredited by MQA
- SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
- Students with 3-4 relevant credits in SPM/Grade C in 3-4 relevant subjects in O Level may be considered for the Diploma programmes offered at the Perak Branch Campus (PK), Johor Branch Campus (JH), Pahang Faculty Branch (PH) and Sabah Faculty Branch (SB).
For detailed minimum entry requirements for each programme, please refer to the respective Faculty/Centre Brochure.
September, December, March
This programme equips students with fundamental knowledge and skills in quantity surveying practices such as preparing project feasibility study, handling financial issues of the project; preparing tender and contract documents including measurement of construction works and pricing; evaluation and selection of appropriate procurement system, contractual arrangement and tendering method which satisfies the client's needs in term of time, cost, quality and legal aspects; and advising the contractual issues based on general contract principles of Building Contract as well as general legal principles of Contract Law, Sale of Goods Act and Law of Tort. This programme will provide an effective pathway for students to further their studies in Bachelor of Quantity Surveying (Honours) which enable them to be registered as quantity surveyors.