The Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) is a prestigious accounting degree that is recognised by the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA).
Faculty of Accountancy and Management
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Accounting is the systematic recording, categorising, analysing, reporting and preparation of financial statements by following a set of rules and regulations that governs financial reporting.
Accountants analyse the performance and financial health of a business. They provide businesses with meaningful information to make sound decisions and allow businesses to strategise and achieve its business objectives.
The Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) is a prestigious accounting degree that is recognised by the Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA). With 3 years of relevant working experience after graduation, a graduate can apply to become a Chartered Accountant with MIA.
Moreover, students of the Bachelor of Accounting (Hons) are allowed certain exemptions from the professional examinations of ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CPA, MICPA, ICSA and CTIM.