The Bachelor of Art (Hons) Chinese Studies programme produces graduates with an in-depth understanding of Chinese history, literature, language and culture.
Institute of Chinese Studies
Full- time / Part-time
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The Bachelor of Art (Hons) Chinese Studies programme produces graduates with an in-depth understanding of Chinese history, literature, language and culture. Besides theoretical knowledge, students would also acquire a strong foundation in practical skills in speech, writing, research, analysis and critique. The programme includes courses related to Malaysian studies and mass communication, keeping students abreast of the needs and development of the country.