The structure of this comprehensive programme is modelled after the practical processes of the animation production pipeline.
Faculty of Creative Industries
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The structure of this comprehensive programme is modelled after the practical processes of the animation production pipeline. Starting with a strong foundation in theoretical understanding and creative thinking projects, students are trained to apply research to concept, in order to create engaging storylines, powerful content and memorable character designs.
These skills are then refined with intensive technical training in the necessary skills and techniques of 3D production, enhanced with expertise in creating time-based media, video and audio production, video compositing and film studies. Throughout the course, the students will be required to produce several animation projects which will train them to develop effective research methods and applications, conceptualisation and problem-solving skills, as well as proficient presentation techniques.