The programme provides students with the necessary communicative skills & knowledge to communicate proficiently & competently, as well as to expose them to the general principles of...
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
As English is an international language of communication, trade, research, science and technology, being proficient and competent in English is an asset to any individual in any field of work, such as law, business, commerce, politics, education and the mass media at local and international levels.
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) English Education programme aims to provide students with the necessary communicative skills and knowledge of the language to communicate proficiently and competently, as well as to expose them to the general principles of teaching and learning of English as a second language. In particular, the programme is designed to expose students to the use of the latest technology, approaches and techniques in English Language Teaching and to equip them with the necessary skills to become effective, trained and competent English Language educators.