This programme shapes its students to be analytical and creative in the overall management of retailing.
Faculty of Business and Finance
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
As Malaysia continues to grow , the retail industry is set for growth. The management of a shopping mall, from its identity to tenant mix and subsequently to the management of overall shopping mall and tenant relationships, requires special skills and knowledge. Brands to survive and remain competitive in the retail industry, in addition to their marketing and promotional strategies, requires special attention to their display and mechandising decisions.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Retail Management programme in UTAR emphasises on inculcating strong foundation and innovative application. This programme shapes its students to be analytical and creative in the overall management of retailing. Students will be trained in fundamental areas and eventually progressed to specialised areas concerning retailing. These areas include mechandising , logistics and supply chain management, and customer relationship management.