This programme develops professional media personnel, journalists in particular, who are at the forefront of professional and technical developemnts in their area of specialisation.
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This programme develops professional media personnel, journalists in particular, who are at the forefront of professional and technical developemnts in their area of specialisation. Students develop a stong foundation in communication, research and analytical skills. Knowledge and in-depth understanding of mass communication theory is also emphasised. Through the programme, students acquire a mature understanding of cultural issues and public policies within the Malaysian environment and global context.
Students are also introduced to the fundamentals of advertising such as copywriting and media planning. Students are exposed to practical training in the industry. This is achieved by placing students under a industrial training programme during their second year of study.