This course addresses the needs of the communication industry for PR professionals who have technical competence and an appreciation of the role of PR in Malaysia within a global environment.
Faculty of Arts and Social Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
UTAR Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Public Relations addresses the needs of the communication industry for public relations professionals who have technical competence as well as an appreciation of the role of Public Relations in Malaysia within a global environment. It emphasises in-depth understanding of communicaiton theories. In terms of application, students will prepare news releases as well as produce audio-visual presentations and media kits. They will learn to organise press conferences, campaign and analyse social media.
Students are also introduced to fundamentals of advertising such as copywriting and media planning in order to develop an understanding of the advertising profession and industry. Students are placed under an industrial training programme in companies in the communication industry or in the communication section of various organisations.