The programme aims to prepare students with both sound theoretical understanding and empirical ability with respect to economic and finance issue.
Faculty of Business and Finance
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The programme aims to prepare students with both sound theoretical understanding and empirical ability with respect to economic and finance issue. Throughout, this programmes aims to cultivate the critical thinking and analytical skills of the students in analysing economic issues and phenomenon. The programme provides the opportunities for Undergraduate to "do economics".
The learning outcomes of the programme emphasise hugely on the ability of the Undergraduates to comprehend the fundamentals concepts of economics, and to scientifically apply the theories of economics and finance in understanding real-world economic issues. To attain this goal, the curriculum is thus designed to motivate active participation of students in teaching-learning interaction, and in independent academic writing.