This programme aims to produce biomedical engineering graduates in engineering design; biomedical treatment (engineering) and diagnostics; and more.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Biomedical Engineering is the application of engineering science and technology to the solution of problems in medicine and biology. It is also crucial in the design and development of medical equipment, connected health system and IT solution in the Healthcare Industries. Some of the applications include designing and producing artificial prosthesis and organs.
This programme aims to produce biomedical engineering graduates in engineering design; biomedical treatment (engineering) and diagnostics; mathematical modelling; computational techniques and programming which include web and database skills and bioformatics; biomedical signal processing; medical imaging; biomechanics and biomaterials and biology for biomedical engineering applications in the clinical and healthcare industries.