This programme concentrates on the practical application of technical knowledge to real-life and societal problems.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Civil engineering is the scientific study of the planning and construction of buildings, industrial infrastructures, roads and bridges. This programme concentrates on the practical application of technical knowledge (i.e. in mathematics and physical sciences, and their applications to all areas of civil engineering) to real-life and societal problems. Fieldwork is mainly related to planning, designing, constructing and maintaining public infrastructure or systems.
It aims to produce graduates who demonstrate capabilities to acquire and apply knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals, possess in-depth technical competence in the civil engineering discipline to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution, and possess the ability to utilise a systems approach to design and evaluate operational performance.