This programme provides an opportunity for students to obtain knowledge on the latest technologies of electricity generation, transmission, distribution and state-of-the-art electronics.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Engineers are often responsible for designing and maintaining infrastructure such as the electrical power systems used by the general public, and in setting up their management structures and maintenance processes.
This programme provides an opportunity for students to obtain knowledge on the latest technologies of electricity generation, transmission, distribution and state-of-the-art electronics within the context of developing technology and human resources. It aims to train prospective engineers to design better systems and structures for better operational safety and efficiency.