Electronic and Communications Engineering is a multi-disciplinary programme which combines knowledge of science and fundamentals in electronics with communications engineering principles.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Electronic and Communications Engineering is a multi-disciplinary programme which combines knowledge of science and fundamentals in electronics with communications engineering principles. Students will have the ability to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution, and utilise a systems approach to design and evaluate operational performance.
Industrial training and exposure are important components of the programme to equip graduates with the essential technical knowledge and skills required by a wide range of industries. Students will also be exposed to the essentials of management, business law and ethical engineering practices.