This is a unique engineering programme with a very practical and applied focus.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
This is a unique engineering programme with a very practical and applied focus. Building on the fundamentals of electronic device operation, students are guided to practical applications of these principles in the design, operation and maintenance of cutting-edge, global communication networks; exemplified in particular by the Internet. Fundamental electronic engineering principles such as circuit theory and electromagnetics, are combined at a later stage with more network-centric subjects such as router configuration and maintenance, and network programming.
Students will also be exposed to the essentials of management, business law and ethical engineering practices. The synergistic blend of fundamentals and practical applications in the syllabus coverage makes it uniquely positioned to provide students with a set of engineering skills that will be highly in demand in the rapidly evolving arena of information communication technology.