This programme offers education and research for the development and application of new materials.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Materials engineers investigate how different materials can be most usefully applied in society, whilst manufacturing engineers take raw materials and basic components and turn them into products. This programme offers education and research for the development and application of new materials.
It aims to provide graduates with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of various materials that are vital for Malaysian industry to adopt innovative manufacturing processes to give local products a competitive edge in the world market. It applies principles of the sciences and engineering to understand the characteristics of materials and manufacturing processes.