Graduates will be able to acquire and apply knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals as well as an in-depth technical competence in the mechanical engineering discipline.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most versatile engineering disciplines. It not only applies principles of sciences and technology in mechanical engineering systems design but also encompasses key elements of materials, chemical, civil, electrical and even green engineering. Mechanical engineer involve in design, manufacture or operation management of every daily and industrial product or systems. Virtually every aspect of modern life is touched by mechanical engineering from smart phones to aircrafts and power plants.
The programme is to produce engineering graduates with the ability to acquire and apply knowledge of science and engineering fundamentals as well as an in-depth technical competence in the mechanical engineering discipline. Students will also learn to function effectively as an individual and in a group with the capacity to be a leader or manager as well as an effective team member.