This programme is meticulously designed in response to the rapid growth of interest in mechatronics and precision engineering.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Mechatronics engineering is an emerging field of engineering that integrates mechanical engineering, electronics, and computer engineering and information technology. It includes robotics and automation systems, precision engineering, micro electromechanical systems (MEMS) and many other leading-edge technologies. The core activities within mechatronics focus on the development and integration of intelligent sensors, industrial automations, robotics, actuators, microsystems and advanced decision-making and control strategies.
This programme is meticulously designed in response to the rapid growth of interest in mechatronics and precision engineering. It aims to produce graduates who demonstrate capabilities as effective problem solvers and are knowledgeable in applying logical, critical and creative thinking to a range of challenges and problems. They will also display effective communication skills, be able to integrate well into the industry and contribute positively as a professional to the community.