This course aims to prepare students with specialist skills in finance & the ability to design financial management strategies as well as provide top-level financial advice to governments,...
Faculty of Business and Finance
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Finance concerns the management of money and the acquisition of funds by individuals, business entities and governments through financial system. It deals with activities such as managing financial resources for daily operations, the designing of sound financial or investment strategy, raising of funds, acquiring low-cost credit, fund allocation and financial risk management.
The Bachelor of Finance (Hons) aims to prepare students with specialist skills in finance and the ability to design financial management strategies as well as provide top-level financial advice to governments, companies and individuals. It allows for in-depth study of critical concepts in finance, economics and accounting while focusing on issues of business finance in both domestic and international settings. There is an emphasis on quantitative techniques and will require skills in key qualitative and quantitative research methods.