The programme allows the students to specialise in one of the following options namely, "Web Technologies", "Computer Systems" and "Data Management".
Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The programme allows the students to specialise in one of the following options namely, "Web Technologies", "Computer Systems" and "Data Management". The programme aims to provide its graduates with the skills and knowledge to take on appropriate professional positions in Information Technology, and to develop Information Systems to support commercial activities.
The programme also grows students into leadership positions in the industry and research pursuance for graduate studies in the field. Graduates of this programme will be equipped with good technical skills and knowledge to systematically engineer (i.e., plan, analyse design and develop) information systems using appropriate methodologies and techniques.