The programme aims to achieve a balance between theoretical approaches & practical implementations in communications and networking.
Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
The programme aims to achieve a balance between theoretical approaches and practical implementations in communications and networking with the objective to support the communication needs of industries and commercial activities.
This programme prepares graduates to:
- be technically competent in design, development and implementation of communications and network systems;
- have strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve problems by applying knowledge, principles and skills in communications and networking;
- possess solid Internet background and computing knowledge for analysing, modeling, and evaluating networking solutions;
- understand the needs of industries and commercial activities for communications and networking, and develop network systems to support these needs.