UTAR BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science offers relevant courses that have been approved by the Society of Actuaries for Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) credit.
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
- UTAR Foundation Programme
- STPM: Grade C in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- GCE A-Level: Grade E in 2 or 3 in the relevant subjects
- UEC: Grade B in 5 relevant subjects
- SAM: ATAR 70 and Grade B in at least 2 relevant subjects
- CPU: An average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects
- Matriculation Certificate, Ministry of Education
- Foundation/Diploma: Qualifications in the relevant fields
- Other recognised equivalent qualifications
Note: The minimum entry requirements listed is for general reference only. The offer of admission is subject to the specific programme’s entry requirement, availability of the vacancy, teaching resources of the University and other requirements as approved/imposed by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) or Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
For more details, kindly visit study.utar.edu.my
January, May, October
Actuarial Science encompasses the study of applied mathematics, statistics and financial theory to solve financial problems. It is a study of the financial risks associated with uncertain future events, with emphasis on assurance (life assurance), property and casualty insurance, pension plans and employee benefit programmes.
UTAR BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science offers relevant courses that have been approved by the Society of Actuaries for Validation by Educational Experience (VEE) credit, i.e. Economics, Corporate Finance and Applied Statistical Methods. It covers all the topics on the CAS/SOA Probability (P) and Financial Mathematics (FM) actuarial examinations plus more than 12 semester hours on the topics for the SOA Actuarial Models (M) examination and the CAS/SOA Construction and Evaluation of Actuarial Models (C) examination that entail topics such as contingent payment models and frequency, severity and aggregate claims models.
Students may gain international recognition, in addition to the UTAR honours degree.